So, if you’re confused between React and Angular, which can be the best front-end framework for you? Please continue reading this blog. In this blog post, I’ll explain what React and Angular are, how they are different from each other, and which can be best for your application.
Using one of these frameworks will help users get a seamless experience on the app because it doesn’t load a new page every time from the server, which reduces the page load time significantly.
What is React, and what does it do?
React is used by many large companies and organizations. Some of the best-known companies are Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Uber, and Airbnb. React is famous for its flexible and powerful library for building user interfaces and its large community of React developers. Developers also refer to React as ReactJS or React.js.
There are many pros to React, but some of them are listed below:
- It uses virtual DOM which makes React more efficient and powerful at rendering changes in the UI.
- It has a large ecosystem of third-party libraries, including Redux, Router, and Axios.
- It allows for server-side rendering, which can improve the application’s loading time.
- It is a cross-platform technology used to create desktop, web, and mobile web application UIs.
What is Angular, and what does it do?
Top companies like Google, Gmail, Paypal, Forbes, Upwork, and more use Angular as their front-end framework. Angular’s popularity comes from its ease of use, ability to manage complex web applications, and huge and active community of developers contributing to its development. It is also known as AngularJS or Angular.js.
There are many pros to Angular, but some of them are listed below:
- It uses a declarative approach which means developers only need to define what they want, and the rest will be taken care of by Angular.
- Its performance and stability are top-notch.
- It supports testing features and tools for developers that ensure their code is working as expected.
- It allows developers to build reusable components that make it easier to create complex and scalable web applications.
- It is supported by a large and active community of developers.
Differences between React and Angular
There are several differences between React and Angular. But some key differences between them are pointed out below.
|It is used for building composable User Interfaces (UIs).||It is used for building Complex Web Applications.|
|More third-party libraries are required.||All necessary libraries are pre-installed.|
|It uses a Virtual DOM that works efficiently.||It works less efficiently because it uses Real DOM.|
|It is created and maintained by Facebook.||It is created and maintained by Google.|
Which framework should you use?
As you are now aware, what are React and Angular and their differences? Both frameworks are used for different purposes and have different features. So it depends on what you’re trying to do and what your requirements and goals are for your project.
If you are familiar with TypeScript and want to build a large, complex, and data-intensive web application, Angular can be your best choice. But before choosing any of these frameworks, it’s essential to carefully evaluate your interests, skills, requirements, and goals for your project.
There is also a lot of confusion among developers when choosing Node.js or PHP for backend development. If you’re one of them, you might find this blog helpful: PHP vs. Nodejs- Which is Best for Backend Development?
If you find this blog post helpful, please consider sharing it with others.